Translate

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Yummy Stuff!

Since being on food restriction for quite a list of items, I have found quite a few yummy recipes that have been totally worth it.

  • Paleo Coconut-Cranberry Bars
    • These are also vegan friendly -- the vegans at my bf's school LOVE these!  As do I  :)
    • I used dried cranberries
    • I couldn't find cocoa butter, so I used a bit of coconut butter, coconut oil and some cocoa baking powder (milk free).
  • Sticky Date Pudding Muffins
    • I used rice milk instead of almond milk.
    • Since I made this before I totally gave up oranges, I think I'll swap it out for lemon & lime juice next time.
    • Made these for 2 dinner parties and they were GONE!  YUM!
  • Banana Bread (Gluten Free & Almond Free)
    • Made one big loaf of this with dried cranberries and a few muffins
    • These were a BIG hit at my bf's school during a long day of training & seminars
  • Apple-Bacon-Pork Burgers
    • Jesus Christ!  These were so fucking good...  I ate mine without bread of any kind.  So damn good.  
      • Man....  Too bad the roads are so iced over otherwise I'd go to the store and get more ground pork.
  • Chorizo Butternut Squash Hash
    • So simple, but so good.  :)  The leftovers didn't even last 24 hours.
I've become quite the fan of PaleOMG's blog.  I became so much of a fan, that I downloaded her cookbook (OMG!  That's Paleo?!) on my iPad (Kindle App) and have been using quite a few of her recipes there.  A couple of her recipes in there are on her blog as well, but she also has a bunch of exclusive recipes on there.
  • Caramelized Plantain Pancakes
    • These were a pre-workout snack and then my breakfast for the next couple of days.  YUM!
  • Ropa Vieja w/Cuban Style Rice
    • This was good, even if it wasn't my preferred type of meal.
    • My bf made a double batch a few weeks ago and we still have leftovers.  I could take it to work for lunch so many times before I got tired of it.  But it hardy and quite tasty.
  • Red Curry Scallop Soup
    • YUM!  YUM!  YUM!
    • This was so freakin' good!
Still waiting to try the Mexican Hash Egg Bake.  I cannot wait to try the Chocolate Coconut Cups (gonna put mint in mine!) and Chocolate Coconut Bark.  :)  The Pumpkin Freezer Fudge sounds divine too.  But gotta wait until the ice thaws before I can go to the store.

I do have a collection of ingredients where I can still make a few things though.  Thinking of making the No-Bake Sticky Apple Bars.  But I was also thinking of making a batch of those cranberry coconut bar thingys.  :)

I tend to eat rather "light" -- I don't like foods/meals that set heavy on my stomach.  Kind of the opposite from my boyfriend, but he lets me cook experimentally.  He says he likes what I fix.  He LOVED those burgers and the chorizo hash.  Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment