Translate

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Smoothie Ideas

So I've gotten into making smoothies again within the last couple of weeks.  I don't keep as much produce on hand like I did a year ago, but I am making do with whatever I have.

A few hours ago I had a super big sweet-fruity-cold craving.  Funny about the cold thing: Atlanta is covered in its second sheet of ice and I'm craving a cold fruit drink -- HA!  I look outside and it looks freezing.  Haven't been outside since 10PM last night.  Kinda pretty, but very cold.

Anyway...

  • 1 nectarine (peeled and cut into chunks)
  • 3 slices of mango (one of which was rather large)
  • 6 frozen strawberries
  • Coconut Water (I usually add until it looks right...  Sorry)

OMG it was heavenly and exactly what my body craved.  Actually...  It's craving another one.  I may just do that in about 30 minutes.

Yesterday I did a similar one, but added a couple extra slices of mango and a peeled & chunked honeycrisp apple.  Yumsters!

With smoothies, I've a HUGE fan of using fresh produce.  I'll mix a couple frozen pieces in to give it a bit extra chill and crunchiness.  My boyfriend bought a GINORMOUS bag of frozen fruit from CostCo some while back.  It has honeydew in it, which I don't like, but it has lots of peaches, pineapple, and some berries.  I pick and choose from it when the mood strikes me.  :)

Because I throw in a tad of frozen fruit, I don't bother with ice; it kind of waters it down.

I use the coconut water for the electrolytes it provides since I'm pretending I am an athlete.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment