Translate

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Soul Searching and a Decision

So I thought it through and talked it over a great running buddy, Doc, and my boyfriend.

Consensus is "if it doesn't make you happy, don't do it."  It's rather sad because running has made me happy for the better part of 13 years.

Doc and I  talked it over for the better part of 20 minutes.  He's worried that running may actually be doing harm based on my description of feeling toxic and smelling foul.  But he says since my neurotransmitters and adrenals are so low, I need more happy things in my life, so can the running for now.

Boyfriend was really supportive too and he totally gets it.  He's been worried that I overtrain, so not running for a while is good for the both of us I think.  If I ever feel like going for a jog, I'll do it.  But not unless I totally want to.

So I talked to one of my best buds, Gail, and she might be in for doing a relay at the Peachtree International Triathlon.  Yay!  Our other buddy, Chris, is probably doing the event as well to help prepare for Nationals.  It'd be fun to go with both of them.  :)  If Gail ends up not wanting or not being able to run the 10K for me, I'll register for the aquabike instead.  Then wait for Chris at the finish line.  :)

Rather excited about doing aquabike events.  Tri the Parks has a division for it as well.  More of Georgia Multisport Productions's events are including aquabike.  Should be fun.

I'm also on the look out for some century rides.  It'd be more of a milestone for me since I've never done something like that before.

So I'm going to have to rewrite my tentative training plan.  We'll see how it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment