Translate

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Yum again!

I tried another recipe from the PaleOMG blog.  It was a rather spontaneous decision to cook last night.  Kind of decided at 3:30PM as I was getting off work.  And was cooking at 7PM.  Grocery store run on the way home.  Usually I plan this stuff the day before.  Yay for being spontaneous!


I went with the Avocado Chorizo Sweet Potato Skins.  I'm addicted to chorizo, so I tend to gravitate to those recipes.

I swapped the onion with half of a red bell pepper and two cloves of garlic (minced).  I accidentally only bought 1 avocado instead of 2, so I kind of messed up there.  But I kept the same amount of everything else.  But I added the juice from the other half of the lime.  ....So I guess I didn't keep everything else the same....  Oops.  O:-)

 The recipe said to scoop out the inside of the sweet potatoes, but didn't say what to do with them.  I didn't want to throw it away -- it's too yummy!  So I whipped them together with probably about 1/4 - 1/3 cup of honey (I eyeballed it then tasted to test) and lot of ground cinnamon.  So we had mashed sweet potatoes as a side.  I also threw together a couple of salads.

Two potato skins and the salad were actually enough for each of us to feel full (satisfied).  So we had a few skins left over plus the mashed sweet potatoes.  I had some of both for my lunch today and it was just as good.  Wish I had brought seconds!

The skins appeared that they wouldn't be as satisfying as they really are.  I thought they'd be more snacky hence why I did the mashed sweet potatoes and salads.  Didn't need both.  I was still full a couple hours later.

So this morning I looked up the nutritional value of sweet potatoes.  I know that they are good for you for lots of reasons and they're a vegetable and kind of a grain.  Didn't realize how much Vitamin A was in a sweet potato; I should have figured since it is orange in color.  I'll take sweet potato-anything (fries, baked, etc) over its counterpart any day.

Damn it...  Now I'm craving sweet potato fries....

Now you are too!  He he he he....

No comments:

Post a Comment