Translate

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Lettuce & Egg "Taco"

So I had a hard workout this morning.  I was so f---ing hungry afterwards and since I did some very hard weight training, I knew I had to have protein.  And I needed more than my protein shake would give.  I looked at my gluten-free bread and wasn't feeling it.  Lettuce time!  But I'm out of deli meat.  *sad face*  But I have eggs!  Hmmmm...


So I took some iceberg lettuce (the last 2 or 3 usable leaves of it), smeared some red pepper hummus, scrambled 3 eggs in coconut oil, sprinkled goat cheese, and tossed some kale sprouts on top.  I ended up eating some of the eggs with a fork to make it a small enough amount to kinda-sorta roll it up.  I ended up eating kind of like a taco.  Lol.  It was messy, but SO good.  Then I sucked down the protein shake and scarfed down a frozen coconut cup.

A year ago, Doc had me get the Vega One protein powders and I hated them.  I've been trying them off and on to drink them, but only recently (within the last month) have I finally been ok with them.  Today's was good.
  • 1 cup rice milk
  • 1 scoop Vega One "Berry" protein
  • 8-10 dark cherries
  • 5 slices of mango
  • 5-8 slices of frozen peaches

It looked like barf, but it was super tasty.  Or maybe it was super tasty because I was freakishly hungry?  Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment