Translate

Monday, January 13, 2014

Corn - Cheese - Can of....

Food avoidence is proving to be as difficult as I thought it was.  But I'm getting better at it.  Kinda.  Sorta...  Don't judge me!

I'm become addicted to Paleo style cooking.  The most common ingredient that I have to swap out though is onions.  So sad.  My favorite website so far is PaleOMG.  I even downloaded her cookbook, OMG That's Paleo? for my Kindle app.  What a great resource; not to mention a great source of entertainment because her randomness, sense of humor, and style of writing is right up my alley.

Certain things have been I have avoided fairly well: shrimp, oranges, tuna, almonds, crab.  There are others too, but I didn't eat them before, so it wasn't hard to say "no!"  :)  The first hardest for me though was wheat and gluten.  However, I can count on one hand how many times I "slipped up" since Christmas; and the last 8 days have been gluten and wheat free -- yay.  Corn is the next hardest.  I LOVE southwestern/TexMex/Mexican/etc.  What three things do they use a shit-ton of?  Corn, cheese, onions.  Well BOO!  I've done my best though.  Went to three Mexican places in the last 2 weeks and twice I totally avoided everything while once I indulged in nachos (corn and cheese).  I have now weened myself off of dairy coffee creamer.  I made my own coconut cream (of sorts) and now use that; not the same, but it is a good substitute.

Eating out is SOOOOOO hard to avoid shit.  Sometimes I'm successfull and sometimes I'm not.  My boyfriend thrives on authentic Chinese cuisine which uses a ton of onions.  I now just pick them off.  Last night we went to a seafood pub and I cheated a tad: deep fried scallops (cornmeal) and hush puppies (cornmeal).  Saturday we went to Mellow Mushroom and I cheated a tad: gluten free house special (onions and cheese).

Mmmmmmm......CHEESE!
HOLY SHIT!  I freakin' LOVE cheese!

It's the best thing ever.  Damn this is to hard to not eat.  I can have goat cheese, but it's not the same.  I've been getting better and better about not eating it though.  I go more and more days between cheating.  (That sounds so wrong.  Lol.)

I need to go grocery shopping....  BAD.  I had to improvise on what to take for lunch (otherwise I would go out and grab Wendy's -- BAD GIRL!).  So I made some carrot sticks, celery sticks, a McIntosh apple, a jar of sunbutter (to garnish the previous three), then I grabbed a pack of rice thins (crackers) and something I've never eaten before:


Sardines!  Yeah.  Never had 'em.  Never seen an opened can of them before an hour ago (yes that is my cluttered desk at work).  Smell fishy (surprise there).  These don't have too much fishy taste though.  Takes a little getting used to.  I can eat them -- first one was the most awkward.  Lol.  At least the heads are off!  ;)  How did I like my lunch?  It worked.  Would I do it again?  If I was in a pinch, like today.

Here fishy fishy fishy....  He he he he.



No comments:

Post a Comment