Translate

Monday, September 16, 2013

Time for a Restart

Within the last 6 months, I've had a number of fresh starts.  Some of which were unexpected and initially unwanted.  However, I have found myself in a much better place.

At the end of August, I fell horribly ill.  I had gastro-enteritis and a bacteria infection.  I lost 10 pounds in 30 hours.  I was severely dehydrated and malnourished because everything I ingested went straight through and never got absorbed.  I had fever after fever of 102+; I got tired of constantly taking showers.  I had to call my very awesome buddy to pick me up and take me to Urgent Care.  It was quite an experience.

A week later was my final race of the season, but I was so weak that I became exhausted just walking from my car to my office.  Doc grounded me from the race.  I knew it was coming, but it still sucks.

So I still haven't started working out again.  It's been about a week or so since my appetite has returned to normal and I'm able to stomach most foods again.  I haven't been eating like I should, but I haven't been eating complete junk either.

I'm also staying at a friend's place for a couple of months while I get my finances together to buy a new place.  Well...  He is a great friend, but he's my amazing new boyfriend as well.  Funny how when you become happy with yourself, that happiness is increased ten fold when you find someone completely compatible with you.

Nice thing is that I have a lot of support for getting back into that alkaline diet.  Now that my weight is back to near normal, I'm about ready to start juicing a bunch and dabbling with exercise.

I lost a lot of muscle and all of my fitness to that sickness.  I have no idea how to get back into training. Hell...  Now triathlon season is over; this gives me a great opportunity to actually plan a full year of training and racing -- the right way instead of my half-assed way.

Doc gave me orders to start working out again this week.  I have to start with 20-30 minutes of super light cardio and very light weight training.  My energy levels have been real low by the end of my workday  So I'm going to have to force myself to do this.  Good news is that I have access to a fitness center so my number of excuses have diminished.  Wait a sec...  is that good news or bad news?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment