Translate

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sometimes it pays to click on links




Recently, I've become addicted to Drew Canole's website FitLife.  His "Alpha Reset" program is intriguing and I think it may be worth a try.  But what I like most are his articles, vodcasts and blog posts.  His information is sound.  There are plenty of research journals and articles that back up his information.  So why do I just read those?

The way Drew Canole presents the information is so much easier to understand.  Sometimes he gives a TON of information at once, but he mostly gives it in small doses with links to other pages where he provides more detail.  I like it a lot.

For example:

3 Fats That Are Good For You

He gives a small brief overview of the 3 fats to familiarize you with them.  Then he gives links in each category that helps provide more detail.  I'm always getting newsletters about the "wonders" of avocados; I so sick of all the same-ol same-ol.  I almost didn't click on his extra link.  When I did, his supplemental page had information that I was not familiar with.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Some of it was repeated, but most was not.  He got kinda technical with it too, but it's still easy enough to follow.




I also suggest reading the supplemental link for coconut oil if you get the chance.  I like using coconut oil, but I've never been sure what to do with it.  Just saying, "Oh!  You can do anything with it!  Just swap it out for -blah blah blah-," is not enough for me.  I'm not that adventurous or creative when it comes to food/nutrition.  He actually specifically gives multiple ways of using them in smoothies and a snack.  I'm actually rather excited!  I'm going to get my tub of coconut oil and give it a try tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment