Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Trying to do my part

Boston is a long ways from Atlanta.  I have never been there.  Always wanted to.  I don't personally know anyone IN Boston.  I knew of a few people on DailyMile that was running in the Boston Marathon this year.  I worried, but I figured they were probably ok (and they were).

It's funny how an event like the bombing in Boston touches so many people around the country (and the world!).  We take it personally.  We grieve even though we don't really have a connection to those who suffered.

Yesterday I wore blue and yellow to work since I have to be in professional attire.  I wore my favorite "Tri The Parks" race shirt to the Tuesday night group run.  Today, I'm wearing blue and yellow again for the hell of it.  I'll wear race shirts tomorrow and Friday since those are casual days at work.  I know the whole blue/yellow and race shirts were really for yesterday, but I thought I'd continue the gesture for the remainder of the week.

I took the black ribbon graphic from my earlier post and printed three copies of it.  It didn't print right, but since it took a lot of toner, I figured it was good enough.  I put one on each of my classroom doors and another on my podium.



It's not much, but a little something.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment