Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

One step forward and yanked right back



It's been 2 weeks since I've seen Doc.  I was supposed to see him Monday of last week, but I was asked to do an interview for department head.  Probably not a good idea to say no...  Lol.  So I cancelled it.  I was kind of busy the rest of the week, so I opted to wait another week.  I figured, "I'm feeling decent.  I don't need to see him when the problem isn't as bad."  That was the wrong idea!  Lol.  2 days after my missed appointment, I started having severe pains again.  DAMMIT!

I took Friday-Sunday off.  Kind of by accident.  Friday was on purpose.  I originally planned on doing a Bike-Run on Saturday, but I decided to meet online friends at a local race they were doing.  Then I went out to lunch with a childhood friend that I hadn't seen in a while.  Then it was home to take a shower and pack up for my band's gig.  Nevermind then!  Sunday I had a ton of housework to do.  Was planning on riding with a friend to help with riding up hills.  Her chain broke.  Then after a few more passes, we opted to go to her "happy place" to go ride (the only flat stretch around town).  That got cut short because of a major emergency back home.  Oy vey!

Since last Wednesday, the pain has been worsening significantly.  Today is the worst so far.  Well each day has been in comparison the previous ones.  I see Doc tomorrow.  I'm taking a half day off from work to go see him.  I have a race on Saturday and now I'm doubting whether I'll physically be able to finish.  :(

Last week, I discovered I am physically capable of completing Saturday's 600M in close to 13 minutes.  This was originally my goal for September!  I thought like I could actually have a strong run too.  The bike I'm still worried about though.  I've barely been on the bike this year; so I was hoping my fitness would carry me through this one.

Now I feel like I have that Mac truck back on top of me.  Now mentally I feel like I'm slipping into despair.  Not cool.

Things were lining up so well for Saturday (except for the weather -- LOL).  Now I'm back to where I was mentally 3 months ago.

Yes I am whining...  I can do that if I want to...  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment